W.Kenworthy wrote:

I have a DIVICO Fusion-HDTV DVB Plus which works file in gxine and
mplayer.  Without the mythbackend running, I can successfully populate
the channels with scan in mythfrontend.

When mythbackend is running, xine, mplayer and mythtv itself all cannot
access the DVB card.  mythbackend and mythfrontend are on the same
machine.

How do I fix this?

BillK

I don't think you can. I think the driver can only be opened by one application at a time. Mine is the same.

With Myth, if the backend is using it to record, you cannot watch tv, BUT you can go into the recorded shows and watch the show it is halfway through recording. If you want a different channel, then you need to buy a second card.