On 9/30/05, Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It would be nice if messages from mythosd would show up when you're
looking at the menus/mythmusic/mythweather/etc too. I'm not ALWAYS
watching TV, but I usually have myth ON in some form or fashion.

Look into YAC and xYAC.  If you search the archives for yac you should turn up a thread related to that.  At least I remember seeing one here a while back.  xYAC allows you to popup messages and callerid info using X and they display over anything - Myth menus, xine, mplayer, ogle, whatever.  I was looking into doing this myself, but I just haven't picked up a modem with callerid yet.