"I also tried the scripts on <http://bit.blkbk.com/>, but the last
version is from a few months ago, based on xebian-1.1.0, which was
before sarge became debian-stable, and they don't work anymore."

If you modify the installation script in a text editor from http://bit.blkbk.com/ and replace the reference to the version of xebian you have it should work. For instance in the script is a reference to the version of xebian to run I believe it defaults to 1.1.0 but I used 1.1.2 if I recall.

I also didn't have any luck compiling on an Xbox due to the missing of a lot of dependancies.

AJM,