I have a general question about trying to do a couple things and would like some feedback on those. I have comcast cable with a topbox from Scientific Atlanta 8610X558. I have basic analog cable. I got mythtv to work with different frontend so thats all figure out. The cable is not yet plugged to the computer because i dont have an irblaster and would rather watch cable on the tv. My question is this...

I want to be able to watch live TV while something is recording on the computer. I want to be able to switch channel on the tv while the computer is still recording. Then at some point I want to watch the recorded shows on the TV...

Im thinking it needs a splitter or something. I dont have irblaster installed yet. Can someone shed some light on this, howto.

thanks