here's yet another n00b: is buying the non-MCE version worth the approx. 17 euro's ( USD 20) difference in price? I guess the alternative would be buying/building a Remote control unit with a receiver which seems to be hard to accomplish for that kind of money...

Ronald

On 9/25/05, Greg Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 08:21 -0400, Larry K wrote:

> I have never seen anything but the MCE version of the 150/500.  Please
> tell me more.

I've not seen anything but the MCE version of the 500, but the PVR-150
is sold at CompUSA in the "regular" (non-MCE) version. As far as I can
tell, the only real difference is that the non-MCE versions have the IR
port and come with a remote (and, of course, they cost more). This
remote works well with Myth and lirc.

--Greg