Recent discussions about the PhotoBridge peeked my interest. How about setting one
up as a diskless slave backend? That might get us a way to capture component HDTV
sources. Suddenly it would be an alternative method for satallite and cable users.

Just a thought, I have no idea if the hardware would allow this. With some
encouragement from some ROKU users who have a clue how the hardware is
configured, I could be convinced to buy one and try it.

Marvin

The  HD1000 from Roku has no way to capture component video.  The component inputs you see in the pictures are for pass through.

--

Bill Peck
http://www.pecknet.com