I am glad to know that my assumption about the people on this list was correct. - Unfortunately Heyu and Heyu2 will not work for me (I have the Firecracker PC Module), but most importantly it won't do the part with the phone. That is the most important part for me. I can log onto my computer from anywhere there is a available WiFi connection with my PDA, but with my cell phone (or even a pay phone) I could call from anywhere. I have heard about Linux computer based answering machines, that will effectively give you voicemail. It seems to me that any computer can discern one touch-tone from another. So why can't I use specific tones to run specific commands. -(this is one of the few times I wished I had chosen computer engineering over mechanical engineering)- Surely some one has thought of this before. Thanks for the replies, and keep 'em coming. -Mat