[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What is the most number of streams anyone on the list has simultaneously
recorded without problem?  I assume recording 2 streams while watching a
third has been done, but has it been done with no loss in quality, etc?
How about 3 streams?

Recorded 4 shows while watching one pre-recorded using 4xPVR-250's in a single combined FE/BE (that's also running all sorts of services--Samba, Apache, FTP, ...) with no loss of quality.

 HD + an analog stream?

Don't yet have an HDTV setup in place.

 I'd like to get an idea of
what my limitations and potentials are before I get too deep in my
current project.
Using Hauppauge PVR-x50's or HDTV capture cards takes virtually no CPU and even HDTV has a relatively low bitrate compared to UDMA-enabled hard drives, but if all else fails, just set up another backend...

Mike