ToadMazter wrote:

Hmmm.... actually I just saw some output after exiting mythtvsetup that probably is the problem. Couldn't open /dev/video0 to probe its inputs.
Couldn't open /dev/video1 to probe its inputs.
I assumed this is a another permissions issue so I tried running mythtvsetup as root. Sure enough, I could setup the card as expected. What is the command or file I need to edit to give permission to the mythtv user to use the videoX devices? The official docs reference instructions for Mandrake, but I am on FC4.

Thanks!

On my system the /dev/video devices belong to the video group as does my mythtv user, allowing the user to acces the devices. I would assume this is the proper way to do it, though I am new to this whole thing.

Lee