On 10/18/05, David Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 18/10/05, Ben Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, got fairly far setting up my MythTV box.  How to I find out what
> transmitter I am using, I think it is Beacon Hill that is in Exmouth bot not
> certain, how can I find out?  The other thing is I then need to find out the
> frequency.  I found this whitch may be relevent:-

This lets you type in your postcode to find your local transmitter

http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?

Ta, so its Stockland Hill i'me using.

and this one has a full listing of transmitter data, which includes
QAM values and other stuff you need for the channel scan.

I fouund some other info and it says what I need for scan is:-

T 374000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE

The channel for mux 1 is 22.

I have  info whitch says

centre frequency = (UHF Channel Number)*8 + 306
so
22*8+306 = 482

which looks a lot to small ;(

http://www.wolfbane.com/ukdtt.htm

Not sure if you can work out the frequency from it though?  I used
tzap, which did its own scan and created a conf file with the
frequencies in.

Now i'me a bit confused.  I thought you needed the frequency whitch you put in the file and run

scan > channels.conf

You then used channels.conf with tzap.  How do you use tzap without a channels.conf?

Ben

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)