Asher Schaffer wrote:
On 10/20/05, Chris Trown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     There used to be a time(LONG time ago when I was taking care of
dialup modem banks) that I pushed modems with Lucent chipsets.  These
days, however, it just does'nt matter.  So long as it's not a winmodem

Only internal PCI modems can be winmodems, as long as it is external
you are fine.

If you are saying that *all* internal modems are winmodems, that is simply not true. USR has one:

http://www.usr.com/products/home/home-product.asp?sku=USR5610B

There may be others. Given the prevalence of Winmodems, it's easy to make the assumption that there are no internal controller-based modems.

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin