Steve Pugh wrote:
--- Mickey Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've had a peculiar problem pop up lately.  About
once a day, my recorded programs listing goes away and starts reading "No recorded programs available." Restarting the back end gets
the listing back.

The only error I'm seeing in the log is this:

2005-10-21 11:00:00.082 DB Error (KickDatabase):
Query was:
SELECT NULL;
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

Of course, the MySQL server hasn't gone away since
restarting the backend (not the MySQL server) re-establishes that
connection.

Any ideas?

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard

Hi Mickey,

I've had the same thing happen (I'd say twice in the
last couple of weeks) but *ONLY* in Mythweb.  My Myth
interface hasn't exhibited this yet - that'd be a
pretty unnerving thing to experience.

I didn't notice any errors in the backend log, but
there's every possibility that I just missed it in a
fit of newbieism.

I've been plagued with this for the last couple of weeks as well. Using ATRPMS 18.1, FC4. Happened with the 2.16.13 kernel and still does it with 2.16.12 I backed down to. Using an older air2pc and a pvr-250 with the 4.0 drivers. Seems to happen immediately after starting a recording on the 350.

No smoking gun when running the backend -v all, just the same "QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query" msg. MySQL is happy and healthy.

It stabilized itself two days ago but I'm sure it'll bork itself again.