I'm trying to get myth running with libraries built for x86_64. I've check the AMD64HowTo on mythtv.info but it doesn't seem so show the problem I'm having.

when trying to make I get this error:
mmx_gcc.cpp:254: error: cast from 'short int*' to 'uint' loses precision

I found something suggesting that I change uint to uint32 but that just results in a 'uint32' not declared in this scope' error.

Has anyone done this that can provide some hints?

p.s. The reason I started to do this in the first place is that the normal install with yum (mythtv-suite) would segfault when I try and start mythtfrontend.

-todd