Ramon Redondo wrote:
I am using nuvexport (using ffmpeg) but the picture quality is
taking a
huge hit.

My half hour TV show is a 1.??GB .nuv file but transcoded to
MPEG-2 DVD is
around 400MB and it shows it.

What's the trick?

Much appreciated.

It would help if you mentioned what you use for capture... is it a
hardware MPEG encoder (i.e. PVR-150) or is it just a frame grabber?
PVR-250

I'm going to let someone else answer the 'best way to make a DVD from
a PVR card, then.

I use MythBurn. It's a patch for the MythWeb www interface, along with some shell scripts. Basically, it does my commercial cutting, transcodes to AC3 audio, and burns the resulting mpeg2 directly. There's no video transcode necessary. In fact (disappointing, actually) MythBurn isn't even capable of transcoding video. So if you use it your videos MUST be in mpeg2. Bummer. I'd like to transcode my mpeg2s to mpeg4 to save spave and still be able to burn them, but oh well.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin