Peter Darley wrote:

    Indeed, it has the component input that I'm using.

Oh. I saw TV out and was thinking NTSC/PAL and thought the limitation was on your card's defined sizes for modes it would scale to NTSC/PAL. Since you're using component output, using a size much larger than 720x480/576 makes sense.

But, I was hoping there was a VGA or DVI connection available on the TV so you could totally circumvent the TV out circuitry.

It's a DigiMatrix box, and someone said that it should be able to do 1920x1080 (1080i), but I have not been able to get this to work, and the refrence for Mr. Winischhoffer's SiS driver at: http:// www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtml#24 seems to say that tv-out only goes up to 1280x1024. I would love to hear that I'm wrong about this however, and any pointers toward getting a higher resolution tv out would be grand! :)

    It does have 1280x720, so I guess I'll try that.

Definitely a better choice than 1280x1024.

Mike