Scott Carr wrote:

Carl Fongheiser wrote:

On 10/24/05, *Scott Carr* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Carl Fongheiser wrote:

    > On 10/24/05, *Scott Carr* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
    >
    >     >
    >     I have already modified mythfilldatabase to work with
    5.0.  Adding
    >     repeat worked fine.  Just this annoying 'MySQL server has
    gone away'
    >     message that I am having to restart MythBackend for.
    >

    > Is that *all* that is in your backend log?  There's got to be
    > something more there.  For one thing, that particular message
    doesn't
    > come from MythTV.  It's nowhere in the source, as of 0.18.1, at
    least.

    > Carl Fongheiser

    It is a message from MySQL itself.  It is not due to the 8 hour time
    limit, because it happens at various times.

    < http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html>

Even so, there's nothing else in your backend log? Anything else you can provide will help us help you.

Carl Fongheiser

I have since had to reboot my system again. The weird thing is that _none_ of the MySQL Server has gone away items were in the log since the last time I had restarted the MythBackend.

Is there some way to put the MythBackend in Debug mode, so more messages will be posted to the log? That way I can see what it was doing last, and have more info to tell the list.

You can start it with various --verbose options. Check the command-line help for more details. (I think --help will print them out)

Kevin