Just in case someone wants to get this working you should know that not
all Single Link DVI is created the same. In particular my nice fanless
GeForce FX5200 had a maximum pixel lock of 135Mhz over DVI:

(--) NVIDIA(1): DFP-0: maximum pixel clock: 135 MHz
(--) NVIDIA(1): DFP-0: Internal Single Link TMDS

Unless you have Dual Link DVI card, you need a single link
video card that supports at least 155 Mhz over Single Link DVI....
The best single link cards support 165 Mhz, so it is possible.

I dug a Quadra out of my box of junk, it supports DualLink DVI:

(--) NVIDIA(1): DFP-0: maximum pixel clock: 330 MHz
(--) NVIDIA(1): DFP-0: Internal Single Link TMDS

It has no problem driving the monitor, but I did have to go
online and buy a Dual Link DVI cable for about $7 + S/H.

BTW I included the second line because the driver still reports
"Single Link" with the Dual Link DVI port...

-- Daniel