Nelson Tang wrote:

So, my question is, is there a good way to improve my wireless signal?
Any placement tips, antenna orientation, etc.?  Any references online
I can read?  If it matters, the two stations are a Linksys WRT54G with
a Sveasoft firmware (don't remember which version offhand) on the
FE/BE and a Netgear WGT624v2.

Thanks for any suggestions,
--nelson

Does the Sveasoft firmware allow you to increase the signal strength? I know the firmware I have lets you up it and it seems to make a difference in my townhouse. I think they are set at 50% from the factory. Last time I went to the computer store I also saw high-gain antennas for the linksys routers, not sure if they work though. You can find a link on the main page of the linksys site.

Lee