Kevin Kuphal wrote:

Jon Solomon wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of remote I should get for my new frontend?

I simply use a universal learning remote. I have used it in two different configurations. First, with a USB IR receiver from Streamzap that I had purchased with my Streamzap remote (can be purchased separately) by setting the remote to be a Tivo remote and using the Tivo remote configuration file in LIRC. Second, I now am using it emulating my IR keyboard and using the IR keyboard receiver plugged into the PS/2 keyboard port. I like this configuration better as it removes LIRC from the mix and is much faster at responding to button pushes. I did have to use a JP1 cable to program the remote since the learning memory is too limiting to learn all the keyboard keys but it works great.

Kevin

Kevin,

If you don't mind, what is the make and model of your IR Keyboard? When I purchased one, my remote said it learned the codes, but was unable to actually transmit them. Therefore, I am looking to a new IR Keyboard to try out.

Thanks!

Anthony

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would
also stop you from doing clever things.