On 10/30/05, Steve Hodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/31/05, MacNean Tyrrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a nvidia geforce 5200, using svideo out.  Mythtv looks sharp and very
> nice looking.  However playback is still not that great.  Not really sharp
> like the menu.  I've played with the XV picture color controls, and tried
> kernel, bob, and liner deinterlacing techniques and nothing looks as sharp
> as that.

Have you tried nvida-settings? A friend of mine was similarly unhappy
with the playback picture sharpness and was a lot happier after
increasing the sharpness in nvidia-settings.

Yep, found that while searching the list.  Used it.  A lot of it was the same as i had done with the XV  controls in mythtv,  some was different, but generally didn't  improve the playback that much.  I mean some of the letters and numbers say on a football game don't look correct, espn ticker looks a little off, it's just not as clear as regular tv or even my original TV, is all.

Steve

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell