On 11/4/05, Michael Tiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At work we just got a $700 computer projector that looks fantastic. I
hooked my laptop up to it while watching a widescreen DVD and it even seems
to support the widescreen format quite nicely.

So, I'm thinking about getting one of these for my basement. My plan would
be to mount it on the ceiling and project it against a wall. I'd also like
to hook a very simple MythTV frontend up to it. My plan would be to have
only a DVD reader, small hardrive (if necessary), network and video card in
it (i.e. no tuner cards and no direct live TV feed to the projector...only
live TV from a backend over the network).

The only thing I'd caution you about a projector is bulb life/cost. I know the newer projectors have a longer bulb life than they used to, but last time I was looking into it replacement bulbs were at least a couple hundred dollars.