On 6-Nov-05, at 11:19 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:

As I understand, a lot of the programming that you would want for free, is encrypted. I found that site too and was excited about the possibility but seems like nothings free anymore. I think of DVB as just a digital transmission over an analog signal, not sure if that is correct. Anyone care to pinpoint the defnition?

A satellite does nothing more than re-transmit the signal that it's sent (or "uplinked", which is the proper term). It can't tell if it's digital or analog, it just amplifies it and re-transmits. The way the signal is "encoded" is specified by the DVB standard.

Does this help?