Mike Daugird wrote:

Also, on Windows my friend still has his linksys router be the dhcp server, his MVP finds his windows box to get its firmware from it(that box also has the recordings on it. All the linux How-To documents
want me to disable my linksys router's dhcp and run dhcpcd on my linux box.
Why can't linux just serve up the Media-MVP firmware like windows does?
thanks
I have everything being done from a Linux server and it works fine. dhcp server, tftp server, and firmware and config files are all loaded from a Linux server. This is using mvmpc though, not the OEM MediaMVP stuff that comes with the unit.

Tom