--- M Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lately (within the past month) all my local stations from 13 on down
> are
>    fuzzy or wavy and getting worse.  Two stations, 6 ABC and 3 CBS
> are
> major static and not watchable.  All cable (non-local) chanlls which
> all
> start above 13 are just fine.

If at all possible, try plugging your cable directly into the TV in
that room, and check the reception.  If reception is fine, it's a
problem on the MythTV side.  If the reception is still crap, then it's
a problem elsewhere (but probably in the room, since you say it's okay
elsewhere).  The limit to channels 1-13 makes it sound like it's a
VHF-tuning problem, but that's just speculation.

This super simple debug step helped me figure out my own quality
problems, which were caused by loose connections and crappy cables and
splitters.