Josh Burks wrote:

On 11/9/05, Serge.Zwikker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
First of all I would like to thank everyone that has help me so far.  I am a
total newbie to Linux and want to learn!

I am following the http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php how to.

So when it tells me to do this:

This is a simple matter of adding a configuration file for each repository in
/etc/yum.repos.d/. Pre-configured files can be simply downloaded to your system
like so:

# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
# wget http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/atrpms.repo
# wget http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/freshrpms.repo

This is what happens when I do it:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]$ su
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
bash: cd: /etc/yum.repos.d/: No such file or directory
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]#

Any suggestions?

I assume you've done the "# yum upgrade". Why not "# mkdir
/etc/yum.repos.d" (actually make the directory by hand) and try again?

Josh
Or perhaps make sure that yum is actually installed...

rpm -qa yum

Tom