I use different video modes for menu and playback. There is an gui in myths configuration menu, where you can set this modes. So menu is at my system 800x600 and playback of recordings is 720x576 (PAL, overscan !!!). This is a very nice combination because my video chip (epia unichrome) has a "Noscale 720x576 overscan" mode. The playback in this mode is very sharp and clear, because the video chip don't scale at all.

Now, I also want to switch to this overscan mode, if I start to play something in mythvideo and mythdvd. Is there a way to force xine into a special video mode? Or, do I have to patch myth to switch the modes before playback, and back when playback ends?

Kristian.