Daniel Agar wrote:

I'm using Fedora core 4 with atrpms and have everything up and working
with my pvr 150 but occasionally the remote stops responding and after a
reboot only the /dev/lircd device is created but not the required
/dev/lirc and /dev/lirc0. I've tried recreating these device files
manually and checking udev settings but everything seems to be fine. Some
googling revealed problems with the IR locking up on this card but I
haven't found any firm solution. So I was wondering if a lot of other PVR
150 users are experiencing this issue and what, if any solutions have been
found.

Thanks
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?m=200510
this fixed it for me on Gentoo.  Seems to be succesful for a lot of people.

Lee