I was able to get the channel information into my database by using the 0_18_fixes branch from subversion. Take a look at http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ for information. It will let you scan the capture card and get the information over the air. Much easier than a series of SQL and/or perl scripts, IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway :)
Im going to try and put the data I have in my channels.conf into the database
manually when I get a chance this week. As I understand it dvb_channel and
dvb_pid are now depreciated, so I need data in channel and dtv_multiplex.
Anyone mind posting a mysqldump so I can have a reference to work from?