David Watkins wrote:

On 16/11/05, Marty Ravell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It simply means that you didn't use

  lircd --logfile /var/log/lircd

Since your email I have tried various combinations of the logging argument
in /etc/sysconfig/lircd but have not had any success. It always gives :

unrecognized option '--logfile=/var/log/lircd'

don't put the equals sign in the command.

Actually, Marty's right--the equals is required. My bad for mis-typing it, but glad that Marty got the idea (and/or used the man pages/google/whatever to fix my typo).

However, if lircd doesn't have a --logfile option it simply means that LIRC was compiled with syslog support (so the logfile is the system log). So, to get a specific logfile for LIRC, you need to recompile LIRC without syslog support.

Mike