On Wed, November 16, 2005 2:02 pm, Brent Backstrom wrote:
> I patched the kernel, as part of Jarod's guide, to get the frame buffer
> to load earlier in the boot process.  How I can't get anything to work
> correctly.  I also see an error when I boot.  "tuner: unknown parameter
> 'ntsc'" and "insmod: error inserting '/lib/tuner.ko'  unknown symbol in
> module".
>
> Has anyone else seen this before?
>
> Can I unpatch my kernel and get my video back?

IIRC, Jerod's guide (I assume you're talking about the FC4 one) doesn't
have any kernel patches in it. Are you talking about the patch to
rc.sysinit and the lirc.rules file? If so, yes, you should be able to
reverse that in order to get things back to the way they were:

patch -R /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit < rc.sysinit-mm.diff

And to answer your other question, no I haven't seen that... everything
worked fine for me after applying that patch.