Jeff Simpson wrote:

    I had stated it when I opened the thread:

      P.S. For those who forgot my setup and wonder why I want to
      connect the PS2 to the mythbox, my mythbox has a DLP projector
      connected via a 10 meters special cable to the VGA output,
      and we wanted to play the games on the mega-screen :-)

      The projector is located on the roof on the opposite side
      of the room, so it is not possible to connect the PS2 directly
to it... it has to be done via the mythbox

Pretty sure it's not possible to get it to work with no delay. The 350 does hardware mpeg encoding, which no matter how you slice it, takes time. Even if you could get that delay down to miliseconds, it would still be noticable in games. You should be able to test it out without the playstation - try changing the channel on the cablebox / external tuner, if possible and see how long the change takes to propogate. or unplug the coax / composite input and see how long it takes. I think your best bet is an svideo switch. I'd love to see one that can be controlled by myth, I'd like to use that for dvd playing, swapping to live display for on demand, menus, etc.

Since he's using VGA for Myth, he doesn't even need the S-Video switch--just a long S-Video cable. BTW, a good S-Video cable can go 50' (16m) without any problems.

However, I definitely agree that taking the PS2 through the encoder card is a waste. Even if you get passthrough working in ivtv, you'll still have to get it working in Myth (which doesn't have any support for passthrough) or--more appropriately--in xawtv.

Mike