Curtis White wrote:

On 11/20/05, Michael T. Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Curtis White wrote:

So is there some alternative of this that will allow me to view those
files on the TV? I don't really even care to convert them because I
don't plan on keeping them. I just want to watch them on my 52" TV
instead of my 19" monitor.
MythVideo (move the files from your recordings directory to your video
directory) and make sure you have John Harvey's Xv-compatible ivtvdev X
driver for your PVR-350.
OK I do have the itdvdev driver and it is already setup on my
framebuffer. So it sounds like I should be able to just move the
files to my video directory and play them. I'll give that a try. Thank
you.
Assuming you have a recent enough version that contains Xv support...
I should have the most recent version. I only installed MythTV a
couple weeks ago. I know I'm at version 1.8.1 I believe.
Actually, Myth has had Xv support "forever" (probably from the first
version, although I didn't check).  It's the version of ivtvdev that's
important here.
Oh, ok. I downloaded the latest source of ivtv and compiled and
installed it. So I'm assuming I have the latest version. But I'll see
if I can find out for certain.
The ivtvdev driver is shipped separately from the ivtv driver (since it's only useful to people with PVR-350's). Download the X driver from http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Download and install.

I am using the playback command:

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo fbdev:/dev/fb1 %s
When doing that, you're explicitly telling mplayer /not/ to use Xv.  You
need to use:

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

On the bright side, you have a relatively recent version of ivtvdev as
it's only within the last year and a half that it became incompatible
with the fbdev code. Whether your version is new enough to support Xv,
we still don't know.
I know on the command line I can use -vo xv and it works fine. The
only problem is that it displays it to my /dev/fb0 device instead of
/dev/fb1. So when I use that it displays it to my PC monitor. How do I
get it to use -vo xv but instead to send it to my /dev/fb1 device (the
PVR350 output) instead?
You probably need something like:

DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

It depends on your specific configuration.

Mike