Drew Tomlinson wrote:
And so how does one tell if his nvidia drivers are installed "correctly"? I'm running nvidia drivers built via portage on a Gentoo 2.6.13 system. Yet I don't think I have any video acceleration as visualizations seem to "stutter" slightly and my CPU is at 100%. This is on an Athlon XP 2800.

run glxinfo

it produces a lot of output, you might want glxinfo | less

If you see something like 'Direct Rendering' or 'Direct Rendering: Yes' then you have hardware GL working. If you see mutterings about software and MesaGL then it's software. (exact output varies somewhat from OS to OS and system to system)

Jules