Brad Fuller wrote:

R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:26:59 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:

R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:00:16 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:

I now have no livetv. I checked recent recordings and there are no files of recent recordings. So, I assume that the tuner is not being recognized because of the HD3000 just placed in the pc.

I checked modprobe.conf and cx88-blackbird was installed above the ivtv driver automatically after the first reboot. So, I ran the "extras" from pcHDTV site which installed: cx88-atsc, cx88-dvb and cx88-risc in modprobe.conf.

I remember reading, and my setup, has the ivtv driver first (video0 and
video1), followed by whatever cx88* drivers.

thanks Geoff. I remember your msg and I tried that. That didn't seem to change anything. While I couldn't find anything that indicated what /dev the PVR-250 is, I went ahead and changed the HD3000 to video0 and the PVR-250 to video1. That worked. Now I have live TV.

I also changed the HD3000 to terrestrial input (physical RG6) and commented all of the cx88's except the cx88-atsc. Fooling around, I unplugged my antenna and plunged in the cable to the HD3000 (note, that I'm not even looking at the HD3000). I commented out all of the cx88 entries except cx88-atsc. That resulted in large blocks at the top of the picture that flashed.

Fooling around some more, I uncommented all except cx88-dvb in modprobe.conf and that seemed to get rid of the large B&W blocks.
Note again, that I'm only looking at the PVR-250 input.

There must be a connection between having cx88-atsc and ivtv. But, I don't know why that would be. With cx88-dvb and ivtv co-habitating, it doesn't seem to be the problem.

Now, I just need to know how I can get the HD3000 working. And, how I can view LiveTV with HD3000 with the PVR-250 in -- I don't even know if there is a way that you can pick which tuner to view live TV.

Also, I like to switch to terrestrial ATSC instead of cable at some point. Don't know how to do that -- I certainly don't want the B&W boxes back!

If you use cx88_dvb + blackbird, the card should show up at
/dev/dvb/adapter0c
If you use cx8800 the card would be (was for me, when I tried it) at
/dev/video2 (NTSC...) I haven't tried the cx88-atsc but I presume that it
could easily show up at /dev/video32..

hmmm... I'll try that.
Do you NEED to also load blackbird?
Where is cx8800 located?

The cx drivers and the ivtv drivers are connected by the fact that the
tveeprom driver has been merged from each stream, so that we use the same tveeprom module to query the hardware (through eeprom). In the past, these
two had the same name but were different. When the cx stuff got shifted
into the kernel the ivtv made changes  (pushed by an 'outsider' who did
the hack in September or October. This is the end of the thread...on the
ivtv list at gossamer threads

Re: Problems with tveeprom and SVN Remove Highlighting  [In reply to]