Blastzone wrote:

Brad -
If you say 'yes' to the question at the start about clearing your capture cards, then you'll lose everything you have set up so far.

So, step 1 - back up your mysql table! (if you haven't done this already). I haven't read back in the log, but back up your tables!!

step 2 - Using mythtv-setup, go to menu option 2 - capture cards. Is your HD3000 listed as a DVB device, v4l device, or hd3000 device? I didn't have any luck with hd3000, and v4l will give you NTSC. Try removing it (highlight and press d) and re-adding as a DVB card. You may need to stop mythbackend. By default, mythbackend will lock DVB cards open.

It is listed as an HD3000 device. That was my problem. Heck, that sounded like a reasonable selection to me!

I just changed it to DVB and was able to recognize the device. Yeah!

Now, I'm doing a channel scan. I did not elect to clear the channels when mythtv-setup started. Once I deleted and added the device as a DVB it allowed me to scan for channels. That's what it is doing right now.
Ok,  its finished.
I now have ATSC channels scanned as well as NTSC channels in my "terrestrial" Video Source. That's not what I wanted and I remember reading that other people had this problem.

How do I delete the NTSC channels and leave the ATSC. I'll search the archives for this. If you have any wisdom regarding this I would be very obliged.

Thank you ALL for your HELP!  I much appreciate it!
I'm halfway there... (I hope)

brad

--
Brad Fuller