On 11/29/05 16:14, Mark Staudinger wrote:

However, I remember seeing some episodes of a different show (Good Eats) that
consistently had the same (20 second) segment exist in both the end of the
first recording, and the beginning of the second.  This seemed heartening.

Looking at my recording settings, the only difference is that Stargate SG1 is
set to start/end "on time", while Good Eats is set to record 1 minute past the
end.  So I theorized that this behavior only affected consecutive recordings
on the same channel that also had a hard setting for extending the end time.

When testing this theory, I find that selecting the "add 1 minute to
recording" option will now cause conflicts, even when the same show is being
aired consecutively on the same channel.

Has this behavior changed?

Nope. It's never worked the way you're theorizing. There's something more going on that you didn't notice. Are you sure the Good Eats episodes were back to back?

Mike