On 11/30/05 17:29, William wrote:

I am thinking about switching from cable to satellite and I have a few questions. For specific reasons, I am interested in Dish Network only. Is there a tuner card that will allow me to use MythTV with Dish Network (preferred) or do I have to use the infrared port? If the latter, is there a more reliable serial port?
Pretty much the only reliable way to change channels with dish is with a
commercial ir blaster. With 2 of the myblaster devices and 2 receivers I
have have not noticed any instances of it missing a channel change in about
3 years of use.

My success story (2 years reliable operation) is with a homebrew LIRC "improved transmitter." ( http://lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html )

Mike