On 11/30/05, Steve Malenfant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just came back from vacation and I found out that all my recording failed...

Few problems that would be nice to be resolved :
1 - Don't record or mark the recording as bad when you can't open the
capture device (dvb here...)

That would be nice if it knew that it failed...or if it fails, maybe even try a second time.
I'd say have it try to fix itself, but it's anyones guess what is wrong. I can usually fix mine by
killing the X-out on the 350, removing all the modules, and reloading them all (restarting the backend
and frontend)

2 - I'm pretty the episode will not record again and will be marked as
duplicate the next time they appear in the schedule.

To correct this, you'd have to manually delete the show from the "previously recorded" list. It's somewhere
in the frontend.

3 - The web interface tries to open the file on disk multiple times to
make the thumbnail (slow process), is there a need for that?

I find that really irritating, too. It's worse in the frontend...you can't even scroll past the
dead videos, since each time you select one it has to spin for awhile on the thumbnail failure.
It takes forever to "delete" 5 bad recordings, because of how long it takes to not thumbnail.

I bet it would be a quick hack to have it look for filesize before looking for a thumbnail. All my bad
recordings are 0-length, so there would obviously be no way to thumbnail.

4 - DVB signal info in the backend status page, is this a non-working feature?
5 - Could an e-mail be sent when something isn't right about the
capture card, a good example would be "2005-11-24 14:49:49.398 DVB#1
ERROR - Opening DVB frontend device failed. (2) No such file or
directory"

log emailing is probably best done outside myth. It's probably difficult to determine when there is
an explicit failure, but you can have it send all logs for a day to an email pretty easily, I bet.

What happened here was my fault really...  I updated with yum before
leaving and I a new kernel installed, disabling my 2 DVB cards.

yeah, that would do it :-P

 - Jeff