Stephen Norris wrote:

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:51 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
Do you often leave your frontend on the Watch Recordings screen for long periods of time?

Kevin

I see this happen if I leave the frontend on that screen...

I also suspect log rotation - I find sometimes the backend is logging
into the already rotated log, and eventually the backend seems to seize
up.
Actually, I used to have this with 0.18.1 but I don't anymore with SVN and I think it was this patch:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/392

I don't know if you compiled from the 0.18.1 source, but if you did, try applying the patch in the ticket and see if that cleans up the problem for you. Summary of the changes is in the ticket. I believe after applying this, my problem disappeared.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net