Just confirming more of the same: I updated to 8174 as well and I played back "Star Wars II" (broadcast a couple weeks ago), it was broadcast in 1280x720.  I played it back over a 10 minute period and saw solid 100% cpu usage (AMD64 939pin 3200+, 5700 ultra) and occasional hiccups in the video.  I reverted back to 7676 and cpu usage dropped to 50% during the same 10 minute selection, without a stutter.  Tis' a shame, I liked the DPI option they threw in there, much better than guessing with the crappy mm numbers. :)

-Greg