Chris,

  I'm using a pcHDTV HD-3000 I don't know if it's software or hardware, I think it just grabs the MPEG2 stream out of the air and just dumps it to disk (hardware?).  I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with how the mythtranscode program reads the stream.  I think it's also the same problem that myth exhibits while watching the stream, it also skips the commercial breaks early.

  Mr. Pinkham mentioned (in another email I sent regarding this issue, oops) that it might be due to a frame rate mismatch from the movie/show to the commercials that causes it to jump early.  I'm using SVN 8166 right now and can repeat the issue on demand, I just have to watch a recording with cut points in it from my FOX station.  I recorded "Head of State" on ABC the other night and its cut points work without issue.

-Greg