If I get a chance to switch some cards/slots around tomorrow, I'll see if it makes any difference, but from lspci, it appears that the PVR-350 is sharing with tuner 1 of the PVR-500 and the fusionHDTV 5 lite is sharing with tuner 2 of the PVR-500. I've got to re-do the experiment and go to the logs to see what's going on, but my wife wanted to catch up on a few days of unwatched shows, so the system was in use all evening... If anyone has ideas, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks,

Mike

I don't think switching some slots around will make much difference. Biggest difference between your system (with glitches) and John without glitches is he isn't reliant on a single spindle for recording. You're using a 2 disk LVM which may mean that all your I/O is on a single spindle, while John is striped across 5 spindles. There's a big difference there...

Switiching may make a difference as to which stream(s) suffer the corruption.

 - Wade