Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
On Tuesday 13 December 2005 11:28, Mark J. Small wrote:
On December 13, 2005 08:31 am, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
These work for me. -V xshm got rid of my shaky playback. --no-splash
and --no-logo do what they look like they do.

DVD:
xine -pfhq -V xshm --no-splash --no-logo dvd://%s

Video:
xine -pfhq -V xshm --no-splash --no-logo %s
Hmmm the xine docs claim that xshm is a lot slower than xv. Does real world experience say otherwize?

xshm will use software to scale the video for the current screen size, so it will tax your CPU a lot more. Depending on how much processing power you have, it may stutter (or it may not, but will take up a lot of CPU).

Any of the hardware-accelerated scaling methods would be better (xv, xvmc, opengl, sdl ). If one is shaky, try another. At work, I have a Nvidia Vanta LT that doesn't like to do Xv really well, but using OpenGL output works just fine.

-JAC
Forgot to mention this...

The "cursor" that shows which menu item that is currently selected is not visible when using opengl. Isn't that really odd?

I am of course talking about the dvd's menu....