Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

2005/12/13, Raphael Pooser <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:

    yeah, both good suggestions.
    As I just recently upgraded my windows machine and reinstalled windows
    and then dsmyth, I cannot try these yet because now any player will
    crash when trying to play nuv files!  I suspected the open from
    backend
    would help, and maybe transcoding to mpeg4 with smaller file
    sizes.  The
    crashing problem is a windows thing, so once I solve that I will
    retest
    it.  thanks
    Raphael

you probably have a bad codec installed, the problem usualy is to figure out which one :-) once you know which one it is you just have to unregister it with something like "regsvr32 /u name_of_the_file.dll"

and stay away from codec packs, they usualy just cause problems.

Yes, I do believe it is related to ffdshow. It has had little problems here and there with stability while playing some types of files that should have no problems. I'll try removing it and see what happens. cheers