Ahh, cool.  So by using xxmc I actually am utilizing xvmc??  I must be, since it's definitely not falling back to Xv as I've tried just Xv before and it's pretty choppy.

Peter - my DVD player is just a panasonic progressive-scan unit - nothing fancy at all.

On 12/15/05, Michael T. Dean < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alex Brekken wrote:

> For anyone looking for another option, I've had pretty good luck using
> xxmc.  So far it seems to give the best picture - virutally as good as
> my standalone DVD player.    Xvmc doesn't work at all

I'll bet XvMC is working better than you think.  ;)

xxmc is "eXtended XvMC" and is the name of xine's XvMC video output
plugin that supports NVIDIA (standard) XvMC, VLD XvMC, and falls back to
Xv if XvMC is unavailable.  xine doesn't have an "xvmc" plugin (using
any combination of capitalization), so it doesn't recognize it as a
valid video output plugin.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xine/xine-lib/doc/README_xxmc.html?rev=1.3

Mike