Tony Godshall wrote:
According to Mike Robinson,

I was considering using Debian (or Ubuntu) for my new Myth box, but then I saw that the distribution isn't being supported anymore:

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/README

Does this mean that I'm SOL for Myth on a Debian distribution? Would it be much more difficult to use the source straight from the MythTv.org site? All of the guides I've found for Myth/Debian use the above distribution.

Thanks for the advice.

See these threads...

  http://www.mail-archive.com/mythtv-dev@mythtv.org/msg13374.html

  http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org/msg52262.html

So did those debian packages end up somewhere else? I can't quite tell from the what I've read... I don't see them in the Marillat repository... Wish I could have grabbed the latest before they vanished from the mdz site.

Tim