Bruce Markey wrote:

The reason that I posted a long message on seriesid is because I don't think there has ever been a posting in the archives
explaining why we decided to not use them (I kind of anticipate
that Mike Dean will post links to that message when someone asks
about seriesids =).

Now we're one step closer to my greatest fear. Soon, Bruce will finish his "mythlistbot" that takes over my job of linking to his previous posts... :(

Mike