<snip>
> Depends on your window manager/desktop environment.

Volume/mute is working fine with xhkeys. works nice.

> >> I will be running mythtv as the
> >>windows manager in X. Basically, X server starts and then mythtv. So
> >>what can I use to do this?
> >>

> MythTV is not a window manager.  If all you run is MythTV, this might
> work, but remember that MythVideo and MythDVD call external programs
> (i.e. MPlayer, xine, or ...), so you will most likely be running other
> programs...

Um.. you don't need a WM for Mythtv at all, I have this working and it
works great. With LIRC set up right everything closes and starts right.

> >>And how can I map the next/prev buttons in mythtv? where do you set the
> >>keyboard shortcut keys in myth?
> >>

> Once again, it depends on your WM/DE.

No xhkeys solves this also for me, didn't realized at first that it
support sending keyboard commands to the windows in focus. Real Nice
program.

> >xhkeys solves the volume stuff. Still could use some suggestions on the
> >rest though.
> >
> Best suggestion I could offer: use a WM.

Thanks but I don't need one. So basically it works. I'm just going to
map the xines keys to match up with mythtv keys and presto I've solved
my own problem.