Simon Lundell wrote:

Paul Barker wrote:

Simon Lundell wrote:

<SNIP>

Thanks!

I do have subtitles with different extensions (such as .srt etc). I modified your script to search for these too, and pass the first subtitle file found to xine. Works like a charm!
//Simon

#!/bin/bash
FILE=$1
SUB=`echo $FILE | awk -F. '{print $1}'`
SUBT=`find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -and \( -name $SUB.sub -or -name $SUB.srt \) | head -n 1`
/usr/bin/xine  -pfhq --no-logo --no-splash -V xv $FILE#subtitle:$SUBT

Hmm, looks like I may have to upgrade to version 2.0 ;-)
Glad it helped

I would have waited a couple of days if i were you. The script does not handle filenames with spaces that well yet...

I can not get it to work! My guess is that the spaces (and other special chars) don't get escaped correctly when passed to xine. I have no idea how to do that, I must have tried every combination of qouting, bot no go...

//Simon