Bryan,
I have the same card, and i have gotten it working before, but that was a long time ago. I know it is possible, but I remember it being a very big pain. One of the big specific problems i remember is that the card doesnt actually report the infared signal information, just the keycode that was pressed, so you can only use it with the origional remote.

I havent seen that error message before, but i havent used lirc since the 2.4 kernel

Good luck!
Elliott Rezny

Bryan Bennetts wrote:

Hi all,

I have just started installing the necessary modules for this card and was wondering if anyone has got the remote control working for it?